It's the last week of September and the last week of Q3. We are three quarters through the year - we have three months until the end of the year.
It's time to focus in and make sure 2015 is a year to remember!
Last week we attended an excellent TEDx Mid-Atlantic event. One of our favorite presentations came from Bill LeoGrande, professor of Government and former Dean of the American University School of Public Affairs. LeoGrande spoke on back channel communications between the US and Cuba (check out his book).
This week we have Washington Ideas Forum hosted by The Atlantic, and, of course, AD WEEK DC. We hope to see you on Thursday morning for our session on innovative uses of storytelling in marketing. And send us a note if you'd like to join our luncheon at Bistrot du Coin!
And, finally - we announce our Q4 event calendar today, including the launch of the STORY Event Series starting in November in collaboration with Interface Media Group. It will be a fantastic series, one that will continue into 2016. You can find out more on our Facebook page.
And, Monday's Kick:
- Zaha Hadid becomes first woman in 167 years to win RIBA's Royal Gold Medal.
- Using ad chops for social good.
- The much-anticipated retrospective of renowned photographer Irving Penn's career opens Friday, October 23 in Washington, DC. We won't be available that day (we'll be here).
- Yoga Joes by Dan Abramsom.
- In the "Brands We Love" column, Ikiré Jones, a Philadelphia-based menswear brand, released their Spring/Summer 2016 collection. Pay close attention to this rising star.