Today is National Mincemeat Day. Let's just get that out of the way.
We're sorry to have missed Monday's Kick last week - not that we suspect anyone actually reads these indulgent posts, but more because we enjoy putting them together.
We've been drinking from the hose these days - and trust we're not the type to glorify busy. No matter, at the end of the day, we're blessed to do what we love.
This week is an exciting one for us as today we kick-off a major client engagement (with a fantastic new production partner based in San Francisco) that will extend into March of 2016. And then tomorrow we're off to celebrate our client Graphicacy's first information design contest. The open house reception starts at 6:00 PM at the beautiful WeWork/Wonderbread Factory in Shaw.
TOP LEFT-RIGHT: View from the Newseum, top floor; Painting of Teddy Roosevelt at Teddy Restaurant in Dupont Circle; Office of Maga Design; and, my two favorite work colleagues.
In addition, we'll be sure to celebrate this essential holiday come Wednesday somewhere, somehow.
And then there is Saturday - the holiday I refuse to acknowledge (a long story that involves R2D2).
Enough holidays for now, have a fantastic week ... it's time to move on to Monday's Kick:
- Because she kinda killed it. ;)
- The number one rule of marketing and life.
- Major find with this one - The Red List. From the site: "Designed as a trend book, the Red List offers total immersion in the world of visual arts so as to build bridges between historic and contemporary creativity".
- What's on the bookshelves of top designers.
- And, yes, it is perfectly fine if your idea is not data-driven.
- Five live-work spaces for artists.